- 2 lb bone in chicken breast halves
- 1 c peeled fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut in to wedges
- 3 c zucchini cut into 1 inch chunks
- 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms
- 1 c bell pepper – cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1 oz)
- Preheat oven to 375. Coat shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken (skin sides up) in half of prepared pan. In the other half add carrots and onions.
- Roast 25 minutes than remove from oven.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, and sweet peppers to the vegetable side. Drizzle chicken and veg with 2 tblsp of oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast 25 minutes more or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Move vegetables to a bowl and let chicken cool enough to handle.
- Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken. Shred the chicken. Add the chicken and juice to the vegetables. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl add 1 tblsp oil, vinegar, and Italian seasoning. Drizzle over chicken mix. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese
Per serving: 218 Calories; 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat); 51 mg cholesterol; 223 mg sodium; 10 g carbs; 3 g fiber; 6 g sugars; 23 g protein