Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 lb cooked skinless chicken breast shredded ( about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 c thinly sliced green onion
- 2 8-oz cartons light sour cream
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 c milk
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chile peppers drained
- 12 7 inch tortillas
- 1/3 c shredded Monterrey Jack (optional)
- Preaheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl combine shredded chicken, spinich and 1/2 c green onion. Set aside.
- For the sauce stir together the next five ingredients ( through cumin). Stir in milk and chile peppers. Divide sauce in half.
- For the filling, combine one portion sauce and the chicken-spinach mixture; divide into 12 portions.
- Place one portion of the filling near one end of tortillas. Roll up into a spiral. Place filled tortilla, seam side down, in ungreased 3 qt rectangular baking dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over tortillas. Bake uncovered about 40 min or until heated through. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- If desired top with salsa, and cilantro.
To make ahead: Fill and roll tortillas as directed, cover with plastic wrap. Cover and chill remaining sauce in separate container. Chill up to 24 hours. Will need to bake longer (about 65 minutes).
Per enchilada: 247 cal; 9 g fat ( 4 g sat fat); 44 mg chol; 395 mg sodium; 23 g carbs; 1 g fiber; 5g sugars; 1 g proteins