2hr 20 Min
- 2 Tbsp. fennel seeds – crushed
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley, crushed
- 4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 lb boneless pork shoulder roast
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 lb small potato peeled
- 6 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 325. In a small bowl combine first five ingredients.
- Untie meat and trim fat. Sprinkle with seasoning mix; rub in with your fingers and retie meat.
- In 6qt dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Add meat and cook until browned on all sides. Drain off fat.
- Pour water over meat; transfer to oven. Roast uncovered 1 1/2 hours.
- Arrange veggies around meat. Roast uncovered 50-60 minutes more until meat and veggies are tender. Add additional water if needed.
- Transfer meat to platter. Cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer veggies to serving bowl to keep warm. Skim fat from pan juice. Serve meat and veggies with pan juice.
Makes 8 servings (3 oz meat, 1 cup veggies)
353 cal, 11g fat (4g sat fat); 102 mg chol; 374 mg sodium; 28 g carb;7g fiber; 6g sugars; 35 g protein